About The Canadian Foundation for Economic Education (CFEE)
The Canadian Foundation for Economic Education (CFEE)is a non-profit, non-partisan organization, founded in 1974, that works to improve economic, financial, and enterprising capability.
CFEE works collaboratively with our funding partners, departments of education, school boards, schools, educators, and teacher associations to develop and provide free, non-commercial programs and resources for teachers and students – developed and reviewed by educators. CFEE also has a range of programs to assist newcomers to Canada as they look to settle and integrate into their new country.
CFEE also works internationally with organizations such as the OECD in Paris, Child and Youth Finance International in Amsterdam, and the Association of Asia Pacific Countries (APEC). Overall, CFEE’s work primarily focuses on youth but also aspires to help people of all ages be better prepared to undertake their economic roles, responsibilities, and decisions with confidence and competence.
Every Canadian has the capability and opportunity to build a successful economic future.
- Empower Canadians with the knowledge and skills needed to improve their economic, financial, and enterprising capabilities.
- Work in collaboration with key stakeholders, governments, the private sector, schools and teachers, community service agencies, and immigrant-serving organizations in the areas of curriculum, teacher development, training, and resources, as required.
- Improve career development and choice, job planning, decision making, and access to opportunity.
- Support improvements in economic, financial and enterprising capability with free and readily available resources, information, tools, and training.
Our Guiding Principles
- Individuals need to acquire relevant economic, financial and enterprising life skills for success.
- Our democracy and economy are enhanced by economically and financially literate citizens.
- A commitment to non-partisanship is essential in all the work that we do.
- Interests, perspectives, and needs are diverse and often require different solutions.
- Ongoing assessment is essential for continuous improvement.
- The four pillars of CFEE’s activities are:
- Career Development Capability
- Financial Capability
- Economic Capability
- Enterprising Capability